Stay Back and Work Permit Options for Indian Students in Ireland

Posted1 November 2018 Driving in Ireland Ireland Student Visa Work in Ireland

All international students from non-EU/EEA region, including India, need a valid Student Visa to enter Ireland in order to study at any Irish university. Students enrolled on a short-term course of less than 90 days apply for a C-Study Visa while those on a long-term course of more than 90 days apply for a D-Study Visa.

To apply for an Irish Study Visa, non-EEA students must be enrolled to a full-time course on the ILEP list (Interim List of Eligible Programmes). All Ireland Student Visa holders have limited Work Permit and are eligible to work for a stipulated time period in Ireland. The Irish government also provides a Stay Back Option to students from non-EEA countries studying undergraduate or postgraduate course at the universities in Ireland.

Learn all about Irish Study Visa  requirements with SI-Ireland who can help you apply for an Ireland student visa to study in Ireland. Arrange a free consultation today.

Ireland Study Visa Information for Indian Students

Work Permit on Ireland Student Visa

Casual Employment or Work in Ireland

Students at Irish universities enrolled on a full time programme for at least one year do not require a separate work permit. Such students are allowed to work in Ireland subject to the following:

Internships in Ireland

Non-EEA students can take up internships in Ireland provided:

Two Year Stay Back Option on Ireland Student Visa

Ireland provides Stay Back Options to international students after course completion under the Third Level Graduate Scheme. As per the Revised Third Level Graduate Scheme:

Apply for Ireland Student Visa

If you want to study in Ireland and apply for Ireland Student Visa, book a free consultation with SI-Ireland and let our university and visa application experts help you achieve your dream. 


Back to Study Guide

© SI-Ireland | All rights reserved |Privacy Policy